This July 4th, forget about grilling at home in the heat! Atlanta’s restaurants have some “cool” offerings for your Independence Day.
Start celebrating early with Woodfire Grill’s annual “BBQ & Beer” event on July 3 from 5:30-11 p.m. Executive Chef Kevin Gillespie’s three-course, all-American menu includes an appetizer, main course of BBQ, Brunswick stew and sides, and banana pudding for dessert. Beer from Atlanta’s own SweetWater Brewery will star alongside the food, and all proceeds from SweetWater beer sales will benefit the brewery’s campaign to “Save the Hooch.” Dinner cost is $38 per person. Reservations are required.
Head out to Atkins Park Tavern in Virginia Highland for the “Go Whole Hog or Go Home” special July 4th lunch and dinner. A meat-and-three-sides menu is the food of champions for $15 per person.
If you’re interested in watching the Atlanta Braves versus Chicago Cubs game Atlanta Braves play the Chicago Cubs, join Atlanta Braves versus Chicago Cubs game Atkins Park Tavern in Smyrna and Ormsby’s in their ballpark bus trip. For just $55 per person, you get beer, hot dogs, roundtrip bus ride and tickets to the 7:10 p.m. game. Make sure to call Atkins Park Tavern in Smyrna or Ormsby’s to reserve tickets.
Other dining options that are open on the Fourth include:
* Alon’s Bakery and Market in Virginia Highland and Dunwoody, open from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
* Atkins Park Tavern in Virginia Highland and Smyrna
* Ecco, European-inspired bistro, open for dinner in Midtown
* Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar in Dunwoody
* La Tavola Trattoria for an Italian dinner in Virginia Highland
* All eight Marlow’s Tavern locations
* No. 246 for Italian in Decatur
* The Original El Taco in Virginia Highland
* Ormsby’s on Atlanta’s Westside, dinner only
* RA Sushi Bar Restaurant for Japanese fusion, sushi and fun drinks in Midtown
* Ray’s in the City, Ray’s at Killer Creek and Ray’s on the River open from 4 – 9 p.m.
* Smashburger, all five Atlanta-area locations will be open
* South City Kitchen Vinings for Southern fare in Vinings
* Uncle Julio’s Fine Mexican Food for a July 4th fiesta in Buckhead and Sandy Springs
Favorite Atlanta restaurants that are closed for the holiday include: Alma Cocina, Aqua blue, Aria, Chicken and the Egg, JCT. Kitchen & Bar, Kaleidoscope Bistro & Pub, The Optimist, South City Kitchen Midtown and Woodfire Grill.