Women in their thirties are wise in wisdom from life lessons learned from experiences, elders, mentors, classes, and from trial and error. However many make statements like “I wish I would of known what I know now back then. “ Statements like this sometimes refer to dating and relationships. Many failed relationships and heartaches may have been avoided if women had someone in their corner to advise them to avoid dating certain men that are dangerous, a waste of time, and unfruitful. Young women today like generations before do not receive a guide as they begin dating in fact most turn to their peers for advice on dating because a lot of them do not feel comfortable talking to their parents about dating. This means that with little guidance from more experienced role models young women are learning about dating from media such as T.V., movies, soap operas, and fictitious love novels. Young women receiving advice on dating from other young women may be like the blind leading the blind. Pair that with media and its fantasy dramatizations on love leaves young women lost and out of touch with what a healthy relationship is. This article is made with the hopes that it will reach young women early on in life so that they do not use a large amount of time of their life in situations with men that may hinder their lives or make life more difficult than it has to be. Here is a list of 5 men types to avoid.
1) The jobless man-If a man is 18 years or older he should have the minimum skills to obtain a job. If he does not have a job he should be working towards getting one. An example of a man taking steps to get a job is that he is enrolled in college, a trade school, or is starting up a legitimate business. It is important to date a man who works because in order to survive in this world a family needs to be able to buy food to eat, have housing, clothes, transportation, hygiene items, and cleaning products for home. A man without a legal job is a red flag that he may have nothing to bring to the table in regards to your household, your life, a relationship, your happiness, and your future. No one wants to tie their life to a man who refuses to work. After all if he can’t provide for himself how he could possibly afford to take you on a date, pay for an engagement ring, chip in on a wedding, purchase a home, or support some children. Run ladies run from a man with no job.
2) The drunk/drug addict -Movies and television make drinking seem like it is fun and it is the cool thing to do. They fail to show the down sides of heavily drinking. People who drink in excess waste a great amount of money that could be applied to other important things in life like food, mortgages, gas money, and college funds. To add to this drinking makes many people lose control of their actions. A man that may be kind and nice while sober may become the total opposite while intoxicated and display aggressive behaviors such as being rude, violent, and irresponsible. These behaviors are dangerous to the drinker, you, and your family. In life there are some things you can take risks with like investments and businesses. But being in the presence of a drunk is not a healthy risk and many have lost their lives to being a passenger of a drunk driver. Life is precious and short there is no need or reason why to tangle your life with a drunken fool. Besides dying due to a drunk driver, alcoholics may cheat on you because they are not of aware of their actions or they may try to use the excuse that they were drunk. Do not be a sucker and accept this treatment or excuses that could have been avoided. In addition if a person is alcoholic their children have a very high probability of becoming alcoholics too. You do not want to curse future generations in your family and others by poisoning it with alcohol addiction. You should want your children to have a bright future. Therefore steer clear of men with drug or alcohol addictions.
3) The abuser– Never date a man who thinks it is fun to harm animals by kicking them, fighting them against other animals, or torturing them. Studies shows that people who harm animals that there is a correlation in them being murders as well. At the first demonstration of harm to an animal, you, or another person leave this person in the dust and contact authorities. If a person loves you they will not harm you. No one wants to be associated with a violent person they are scary and unpredictable more importantly they can jeopardize your life.
4) The want to be pimps and gangsters-This man is delusional and has watched one to may gangster movies that glamorize manipulating multiple women and living off of women by exploiting them. This man is a total loser and hopes to boost his status amongst his fellow loser friends by perpetrating an image that he is attractive and that many women are at his disposable. It is not glamorous to live a life of crime like television and videos have made it appear it to be. That type of life often leads to a fast death or a lifetime behind bars. A man that even jokes or refers to himself as a pimp or a gangster lives in a make believe land, has no morals, is an opportunist, and is grimy. Do not associate with people like this their lives will go down the drain and they will try and take you down with them.
5) The deadbeat-Women do not date men who have children by multiple women and do not provide care or make financial contributions to their children’s lives. These men are empty and have no vision they do not have any regard for their future, or their children’s future. Often they have burnt the bridge with the mother of their first child or children and then they move on to the next woman who is weak, young, blind, or desperate for affection that they will take in an irresponsible man who has not been a father to his first child. This man is a burden to society. He is usually poor because he has debtors and child support agencies that are after him. Not only is he poor he has affected the mothers of his children. By the deadbeat leaving single mothers to raise children that require a great amount of money to live to be raised on one income he has made these women’s lives more difficult as well. This affects the livelihood of the fatherless children. Many of these children end up living in poverty. A life of poverty is not easy, it is hard, and makes it complicated to manage raising children, pursuing a career, reaching dreams, and achieving goals. Just say no to losers!
Some women have smart and caring role models like their married parents but often in today’s society many children have been raised in single parent households where the youth are learning about relationships from their inexperienced friends and television. This sometimes leads to the vicious cycle of poverty continuing. Adults and young people help to end this. Think about the future when dating. Adults be the first positive teacher to children and surround yourself with stable people and demonstrate what a healthy relationship is by partnering with a person who is compatible, caring, dependable, loving, and who values life.
If a young person must learn about relationships from outside sources supply them with materials that are direct, honest, sincere, and explain the positive and negative aspects of dating and building relationships. Many Christian books, therapists, and counselors, have great advice on dating and relationships. Youth no longer have to rely on their friends or media for advice on dating they can find books on dating for free at their local library. Find a library close by go here.
To view some pictures of positive relationship advice information look at the Slideshow and Video located on left hand side of this article.
Share your thoughts and knowledge with Dating and Relationship Examiner by subscribing to the top of this page and responding to articles with comments and replies. Let’s keep the discussion going follow me at twitter and I will follow back. Have a story you think I should cover? E-mail me at email@example.com and let’s become friends add me on Facebook.