Looking for one of Maui, Hawaii’s top restaurants? Want a special restaurant for a special occasion?
One of Maui’s top restaurants is Lahaina Grill in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui. Several publications rate it Maui’s best restaurant, even above the famously renowned Mama’s Fish House.
I like the Kona coffee crusted rack of lamb, but I’ve also had Chef Arnie’s Meatball Dinner and it’s excellent, too. If you like beef, the Lahaina Grill offers some of the best aged beef on the island.
If you’re looking for seafood dishes, try the popular tequila shrimp or the seared ahi. You can’t go wrong with either of these two dishes either.
For dessert, try the Road To Hana chocolate layer cake. With macadamia nut caramel, it’s an experience all by itself.
Lahaina Grill has been rated Maui’s top restaurant for 19 years by Honolulu Magazine, and while it’s a little “pricey” it is well-worth the dining experience. While on Maui, you’ll always have a great dining experience at Lahaina Grill.
Open 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Children’s menu is available.
Tripadvisor Reviews –
127 Lahainaluna Road
Lahaina, HI 96761
* Save room for dessert and enjoy Maui’s best and only fudge store – Lahaina Fudge Company. It’s right around the corner from Lahaina Grill on Front Street.
* Take in some great music at Mick Fleetwood’s new restaurant and entertainment complex – Fleetwood’s on Front Street.
* One of Maui’s top dessert locations is also nearby – Ono Gelato.
* Stop by the Baldwin Museum in Lahaina Town before dinner, across from the Banyan Tree near the harbor. It’s one of Maui’s most historic missionary houses and is just a few blocks from Lahaina Grill.
* Walk around the historic whaling town of Lahaina either before or after dinner. Enjoy the wide variety of art galleries, jewelry stores, gift shops, and local fudge and ice cream shops.
* Look for free parking in Lahaina Town, or park in a nearby paid parking lot on Lahainaluna Road. There are several parking lots within an easy walk of the restaurant and you can pay by the hour or for the whole evening.
* Call for reservations. It’s not good to just show-up expecting a table, as this is a popular dining experience on Maui.
Take Hwy 30 to the west side of Maui, and turn toward the ocean and Front Street on Lahainaluna Road. It’s a major intersection with a traffic light. Proceed through the stop sign and then look for pay-by-the-hour parking on both sides of Lahainaluna Road. You might see some special parking prices just after the stop sign. Lahaina Grill is on the right side of Lahainaluna Road as you walk toward the ocean and Front Street.
Hawaii Travel & Delicious Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian islands of Oahu, Maui, and The Big Island are the most visited Hawaiian islands, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Southeast Asia and Bangkok, Thailand is one of the most visited cities in the world.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.