Beth Tfiloh Congregation announced earlier this month that the Membership Committee and Board of Directors will be offering free High Holiday tickets to new and already existing synagogue members, ages 25-35, and their children.
With over 1400 members, Beth Tfiloh Congregation currently exists not only as Baltimore’s biggest Modern Orthodox Synagogue, but the largest Modern Orthodox Synagogue in North America.
Beth Tfiloh gives its members a place to belong- a true home away from home where individual families join together as one to celebrate and observe a legacy of tradition that has spanned thousands of years.
Not only are regular Shabbat and holiday services held for adults, Beth Tfiloh also offers a variety of service options for families.
“Beth Tfiloh does an amazing job of engaging the Lower School children in Davening and the Jewish holidays through games, songs, jokes, and story-telling,” said parent Nonny Kelly, “My son, Yoni (age 6), can’t wait for shul and hurries us along on Shabbat mornings and holidays to ensure that he is not late. For my husband and me, it’s such a pleasure to know that he is learning about our Jewish traditions in a safe environment that encourages him to thrive and grow as a person and as a Jew.”
Each week, the hallways of the synagogue are full of laughter, joy, and song as Beth Tfiloh leaders passionately involve children in the mitzvah of Shabbat, instilling in them a strong Jewish foundation and identity.
During holidays, the energy is even higher.
Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, especially, give children the opportunity to learn about what being Jewish really means- in both a fun and educational way.
Beth Tfiloh members Gavri and Yonah Leichter (ages 10 and 7) agree, “Mr. Singer is hilarious! We love the games we’ve learned, especially Parsha Players, and we also like the raffles too. Being at Beth Tfiloh for services is a lot of fun.” Daniel Leichter, father of Gavri and Yonah says, “The kids are kept so well entertained, I even enjoy going to the children’s services!”
Young couples are encouraged to take advantage of this special one-time offer to become members of Beth Tfiloh Congregation and attend High Holiday services for free.
This year’s High Holiday children’s services and babysitting options are sure to be the best ones yet. All services will include interactive Davening, stories, projects, snacks, and fun.
– PreSchool Family Service: Led by Rabbi Chai and Mrs. Becky Gordon (this service will feature an interactive puppet show put on by local group “Yofi Tofi”)
– Four Year Olds & Gan Aleph Service: Led by Mrs. Marci Globerman
– Kindergarten & First Grade Service: Led by Mrs. Marci Globerman and Ms. Rosi Sommer
– Grades 2-3 Service: Led by Mr. Brian Singer
– Grades 4, 5, & 6 Service: Led by Rabbi Yitzchak Jaffe and Eli Creeger (’03)
– Grades 7-12 Service: Led by Mr. Stan Lustman, Chanaan Weissman (’03), and Mr. Donni Engelhart
In addition to receiving free High Holiday tickets, new Beth Tfiloh members will also be able to enjoy:
– Babysitting, children’s, and teen’s services
– Member discounts for Beth Tfiloh day school and camp
– Eligibility for BT’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
– Access to inspirational Beth Tfiloh clergy for life-cycle events
– A world-renown hazzan
– Reduced rates for facility rentals
– Reduced rates for Mercaz (adult learning) classes
For more information on becoming a member of Beth Tfiloh Congregation, please contact the Executive Director, Eve Steinberg, at 410-413-2251 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.