This recipe came to me by a co-worker. His mom makes it for their family all of the time and it is always a family favorite.
To purchase inexpensive baking ingredients in Raleigh, NC, try: Aldi
Randy’s Mom’s Chocolate Truffle Cake Trifle
- 2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding, prepared
- 1 batch of brownies, prepared and cubed
- 1 container of cool whip
- Hot fudge sauce*
- Hot caramel sauce*
*Sanders is recommended for the fudge and caramel sauce. It can be found in Kroger grocery stores in Raleigh, NC.
Bake brownies as per package directions or try these: Mexican Brownie recipe
Brownies can easily be baked the day before.
Layer all of your ingredients: this looks pretty layered in a clear bowl.
- 1 layer of pudding
- 1 layer of cubed brownies
- Drizzle hot fudge and caramel over brownies
- 1 layer cool whip
- Repeat all of the above layers.
Top with hot fudge and caramel. You can add maraschino cherries for design if you would like.