This coming week includes an assortment of community markets for those interested in handcrafted items. Learn how to make a skirt or make a pretty bag with Heirloom stitching. End the week enjoying “Fashion Fridays” at the House of Blues. Check out all the activities below.
Monday, July 30
- All quilters and sewists are welcomed to free “Sit and Sew” every Monday at Quilter’s Connection. This is an open sewing session from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Contact 214-343-1440 or visit their website.
- Plano’s Sewing Center hosts “Skirt Camp”. The class starts today through Aug 1, from 1 – 4 p.m. Make a skirt with contoured waistband and fly-front zipper. Also learn pattern fitting, alterations and much more. Contact Plano Sewing Center for more details and to register at 972-527-7400. Plano Sewing Center is located 2070 W. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, Texas 75023.
Wednesday, Aug 1
- Quilt Country hosts “Quilter’s Workout” every Wednesday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Come and sew in their spacious classroom, bring lunch and stay all day. Bring any sewing project. There is no charge. Quilt Country is located at 701 South Stemmons Freeway, Lewisville, TX 75067-4591. Contact them at 972-436-7022 for more details.
- Viking Sewing Gallery, located inside JoAnn’s, is having an “Heirloom Stitching Basics” class. The class will teach how to make a beautiful potpourri bag using heirloom techniques. The class begins at 2 p.m. JoAnn’s is located at 810 Preston Forest Center, Dallas, Texas 75230. Contact Viking for more information at 214-692-1600.
Thursday, Aug 2
- Grapevine Market is open for its 2012 season in historic downtown Grapevine. It is open every Thursday and Saturday from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. until October 20. Enjoy an eclectic array of unique, handcrafted items including jewelry, home décor and more. Grapevine Market is located at Liberty Park, 200 S. Main Street, Grapevine, Texas.
Friday, Aug 3
- All quilters and sewists are welcomed to free “Sit and Sew” every Friday at Quilter’s Connection. This is an open sewing session from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact 214-343-1440 or visit their website.
- DFW Fashion Week presents ‘Fashion Fridays’ at House of Blues. This event will feature fashions by Tashumbra. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show starts at 7:30 p.m. For ticket purchase or more information, visit Fashion Week’s website. The House of Blues is located at 2200 North Lamar Street, Dallas.
Saturday, Aug 4
- The Denton Community Market is having its local art and produce market every Saturday through October 27. This event features live music, food and handmade crafts. The market is located at 317 W. Mulberry Street, Denton, Texas. It opens at 9 a.m. and closes at sellout.