Summer is coming to its unofficial end as we anticipate the celebration of Labor Day weekend. Labor Day is a salute to the achievements of all Americans for their year round hard work laboring to support their families and country. Labor Day is the holiday that has been given to workers as a simple thank you with a day off to get refreshed.
Paid workers are not the only ones who deserve a holiday.
- There are many who labor all year without pay and purely out of love who truly deserve to be thanked with a day off.
- Stay at home parents not only work to take care of their own families they also provide care for friends, and relatives in a bind as well as help out with school functions.
- Volunteers deserve a big thank you for working all year by giving their time to organizations, schools, and charities.
Labor Day weekend is the perfect time to celebrate accomplishments with an end of the summer get together with friends and family.
The theme of summer starts out patriotic as it moves from Memorial Day to Independence Day, so it is fitting to continue the red, white, and blue trend as America closes the summer season celebrating the fruits of labor.
Decorating for Labor Day weekend festivities is the big finale to the summer.
- Present some red and white flowers in a blue vase with some sparklers.
- Add printed or solid pillows in red, white, and blue colors.
- Use a blue checkered or striped table cloth with white plates; add red napkins rolled and tied with blue ribbons or string.
- Bandanas make beautiful placemats and napkins for table settings.
- Use fun themed tee shirts to cover the backs of folding chairs; these also make wonderful party favors.
- The American Flag makes a beautiful backdrop to a set table.
Mood lighting brings the party into the night.
- Place candles in a vase with sand and shells.
- Red lanterns look pretty as centerpieces and serve as soft lighting fixtures.
- String some led lights on the spine of a table umbrella for a wonderful party effect.
Fun foods can provide decor beauty and yummy delights.
- Serve blueberries with strawberries and top it off with whip cream for a healthy and patriotic desert.
- Top off a table setting with a treat of red licorice wrapped with blue bows.
After a farewell to the summer party, use the end of Labor Day weekend to prepare for the new season.
- Prepare to change out the summer decor by packing up the summer accessories.
- Swap out the red, blue, and especially white for natural warm colors to reflect the new coming season of fall.
Take advantage of the many Labor Day sales to purchase new accessories to refresh the abode for the coming seasons and celebrations that the fall and winter brings. Enjoy your end of summer fun, celebrations, and shopping adventures.
Don’t forget to turn up the music and never be afraid to dance!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for pingroof.com.