We’re counting down the final days to Electric Zoo, the perfect summer weekend with headliners David Guetta on Friday, Axwell on Saturday and Tiësto on Sunday, along with many more! While festival-goers can expect to hear a range of the world’s best electronic music — including techno, trance, house, dubstep, electro, moombahton, indie dance music and more — Electric Zoo also presents a veritable feast of delicious and wholesome food options. And don’t forget to visit our new Olde Time Candy Shoppe and Curiosity Boutique, get your face or body painted, or relax in our neon garden! But most importantly – be safe!
Many Animals, One Zoo: Help Each Other Be Safe!
Safety is always of utmost importance at Electric Zoo. There will be more party animals at the Zoo this weekend than ever before, and we want your party to last through the entire weekend safely and soundly. So please check out our important safety details here!
Feeding the Animals!
Music soothes the savage beast, but hunger puts him on a wild rampage! There’s no need to let your hunger get the best of you here – there are nearly as many delicious and wholesome food options at this zoo as there are animals in a rainforest. Browse these delights:
- Bareburger: Organic, all-natural, free range burgers
- Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club: Burgers on a Brioche bun with Housemade Pickle and Beekman Sauce
- Bobjo Korean Fusion: A new spin on Korean cuisine that’s healthy and delicious
- Chickpea: Hummus, baked falafel, kebab & more
- Coolhaus: Cookies, ice cream, beverages & other sweets
- Crif Dogs: NYC’s #1 weiner
- Everything about crêpes: Crêpes with sweet or savory fillings
- Food Freaks: Banh mi sandwiches
- Fornino’s Meatballs: Meatballs in a variety of sauces
- Handsome Hank’s Fish Hut: Fish & chips, fish sandwiches with cole slaw, french fries & more
- Je and Jo: Organic ice cream with different kinds of cookie dough
- Kelvin Natural Slush: All natural frozen slush beverages in distinct and sophisticated flavors
- Korilla BBQ: Classic Korean recipes in contemporary forms – tacos, chosun bowls & burritos
- La Sonrisa Empanadas: Latin American pastry turnovers filled with a variety of savory ingredients
- LobstaLove: Lobster rolls, chowder & more
- Mexicue: Red-hot Mexican down-home barbecue goodness
- Mimi & Coco: Teriyaki balls – Japanese comfort food!
- Pie for the People! Hand-tossed NY pizza
- Push Cart Coffee: Coffees, teas, and pastries
- Rickshaw Dumpling Bar: Savory dumplings & mouth-watering sides
- Roberta’s: Hand-tossed gourmet pizza
- Strawberry Fields Smoothies: Tropical fruit smoothies
- Thai BBQ: Traditional pad thai and satay
- Vegetarian Oasis: Healthy and delicious vegetarian & vegan food
- Wooly’s Ice: Snow ice, a delicious refreshing treat infused with natural flavors
* No factory farmed meats are permitted for sale at Electric Zoo.
The Olde Time Candy Shoppe (New this year!)
Satisfy your craving for something sweet and colorful – the Olde Time Candy Shoppe has all kinds of yummy sweet stuff, sold by the half-pound. From gumballs to Red Hots, Mike & Ike’s to Lifesavers, there’s a classic candy here for everyone.
Ms. P’s Curiosity Boutique (New this year!)
Looking for a way to snazz up your look with something wild and unusual? Take a peek at Ms. P’s curio cabinets filled with the offbeat and delightful – animal masks, wigs, and an assortment of accessories to tickle your fancy.
Garden of EZ
Featuring a thousand neon butterflies from artist Gizem Bacaz and giant mushrooms from artist Dan Park, the Garden of EZ is also home to a gathering/meditation circle, plus there are food trucks right on the outskirts so you don’t have to trek far in search of food & drinks. It’s the ultimate chill-out zone filled with eye-candy and mind-altering art and lights.
Face & Body Painting
Let award-winning artist Derrick Little and his talented team adorn you with an ornamental mask, an abstract design, or an animal likeness on your face and/or body.
About Electric Zoo
Electric Zoo: New York’s Electronic Music Festival now in its 4th year, featured more than 100 of the world’s biggest electronic music talent in 2011, including DJs and live acts, providing the finest techno, trance, house, dubstep, electro, indie dance music and more across four stages on beautiful Randall’s Island Park. Electric Zoo received a coveted IDMA nomination for “Best U.S. Festival” and “Best Music Event” by URB magazine, as well as press coverage from major media outlets like CNN, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Village Voice, Time Out New York, New York Post, The Source, DJ Mag, Mixmag and Ocean Drive, establishing it as New York City’s premier electronic music festival as well as a top American event. After a sold-out capacity crowd of 50,000 over 2 days in 2010, Electric Zoo expanded to a new 3-day format with over 85,000 attendees in 2011. For more information, please go to: www.electriczoofestival.com.