If you’re looking for a relaxing, get-away-from-it-all vacation that’s within an easy driving distance of the Mobile, Alabama Gulf Coast and surrounding areas, plan a trip to Dillard, Georgia, a North Georgia community where you’ll be able to enjoy the scenic beauty of the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.
Dillard Area Accommodations
There are a number of great lodging accommodations in Dillard, Georgia.
- River Vista Mountain Village: If you are traveling by RV, River Vista Mountain Village in Dillard is a terrific place to stay. It’s a luxurious RV resort with a heated pool, heated spa, clubhouse, fitness center, computer stations, free wifi and many other amenities. If you fall in love with the area, you can even purchase your own lot in this lovely campground.
- Franklin RV Park: If you prefer a more rustic camping setting appropriate for tent and RV campers, drive a little further north to Franklin RV park, just past the North Carolina state line in Franklin, NC. This campground doesn’t have a pool or spa, but features large wooded campsites, clean restrooms, free wifi and a beautiful pavilion where you can relax and enjoy playing games.
- Dillard House Accommodations: If you prefer hotel, chalet or cottage accommodations, The Dillard House is an excellent choice, The historic facility’s lodging accommodations include two lovely inns, a chalet village with 25 chalets varying in sizes from small, rustic units to large multi-family accommodations and four cottages.
There are also a number of other accommodation options in Dillard, as well as plenty of additional choices in nearby Clayton, Georgia as well as Franklin, North Carolina and Highlands, North Carolina.
There are plenty of things to see and do in and around Dillard, Georgia. Whether you want to relax and enjoy mountain breezes, go antique shopping, take a horseback ride or enjoy scenic hiking or canoeing outings, you’ll find no shortage of activities in the area.
A few recommended activities include:
- Schedule a horseback riding outing with Dillard House Stables
- Book a kayak or canoeing adventure wit Primitive Outback just over the state line in Otto, NC
- Go for a hike at Black Rock Mountain State Park, just south of Dillard in Mountain City
- Visit the Firefox Museum in Mountain City
- Enjoy a tasty, family-style meal at the restaurant at Dillard House
See DillardGeorgia.com for more ideas of activities to enjoy during your escape to Dillard, Georgia.
Travel Time from the Mobile AL Gulf Coast
If you live in the Mobile, Alabama Gulf Coast area, you’ll likely find that it takes you between 8 and 10 hours driving time to get to the area, depending on what part of the region you decide to stay in. If you stay in Franklin, NC, which is just north of the Georgia state line, the drive is a about 9 hours, but you’ll need to add on an hour or so if your home base will be Cherokee, Bryson City, or another town within the region.