Summer is over and the kids are getting ready to go back to school. The fall election is approaching and you will be faced with decisions to make regarding our nation’s fiscal health as well as your own health.
With unemployment on the rise, the economy on the decline, and health care issues looming, this is the time to take responsibility for your own personal health care and the health of your family.
This is a perfect time to clean up our diets. Healthy nutrition and balanced activity can give your children:
- Better mental clarity to increase concentration and focus in school.
- Balance you child’s energy level throughout the day, eliminating the ‘highs’ and ‘lows.’
- More restful sleep which allows them to function at their optimum level.
- Improve your child’s mood. Food affects our moods, because it assimilates nutrients, as well as chemicals, fats and artificial ingredients into our bodies.
- All over general health leads to a better attitude.
- Assist in their overall confidence and self-esteem. When you are feeling strong, rested and healthy, your mood is elevated and confidence boosted.
- Create a stronger, closer bond between you and your children. Eating together as a family, even if it is just one meal per day, enhances the family dynamics.
Another benefit to changing the eating and exercise routine of your family is saving money:
- Better health leads to less doctor visits.
- Less of the household budget is spent on medications.
- More time is spent in school and at work and less time being home sick.
With the expense of medicine and medical treatment rising, and the inflating medical insurance costs that lead to higher deductibles out of your pocket, making a lifestyle change in your family’s nutrition and exercise makes perfect sense,