For the first time this year, the city of Alexandria, VA is joining the fabulous roster of Fashion’s Night Out fêtes around the world with its own list of style events on September 6, 2012.
From 6 – 11PM that evening, local businesses throughout Old Town and Del Ray will host cocktail tastings, complimentary makeovers, shopping and dining specials, and more. With over 80 participating retailers, there will be truly something for everyone!
FOR THE FIRST 100 SHOPPERS:
- From 6-9PM, visit the FNOA Street Kiosk on the corner of King Street & Fayette Street in Old Town Alexandria to grab your swag bag and snap a photo at their Fashionable Photo Booth.
- Stop by Alexandria Cupcake to sample their offerings of mini-cupcakes – perfect for any stylistas with a sweet tooth.
- Right down the street, Bittersweet will be hosting two jewelry designers, Meg Galanty and Andrea D’Ambrosio, at their café and bakery.
- Stop by Diva Designer Consignment for a complimentary “Style Dial” analysis: certified stylist Christy Monaco will help you make the best fashion choices for your body – a style philosophy I absolutely support!
- Pretty People Vintage will have pretty Fall previews and mystery prizes, while Bishop Boutique, Gossypia and The Shoe Hive are hosting local designer fashion shows.
- Bride-to-bes are in for a treat at Fabulous Frocks of Alexandria: the store is offering special prices on gowns and accessories, even throwing in a free veil or headpiece with any purchase!
- Don’t miss the Fashion’s Night Out Alexandria Fashion Show starting at 8PM at the Torpedo Factory Art Center: TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta star, Monte Durham, will be emceeing the fabulous event featuring works from area artists as well as Jan Wutkowski’s marvelous fascinators and headpiece creations.
- Salon46 is serving up free hair stylings for both men and women along with wine and cheese.
- If you’re craving for a new Fall look, head over to Bellacara for complimentary makeovers.
- For those feeling crafty, learn how to create your own jewelry (or request a custom-made piece) at Potomac Bead Company.
FOR FAMILIES (and furry friends):
- Pajamas are welcome at Hooray for Books with fashionable story time and other fashion craft activities for those with children ages 3-6.
- 529 Kids Consign is offering Back-to-School and Fall styling assistance for kids, moms, and moms-to-be.
- Even your dog(s) can check out the models in the “Doggie Fashion Show at The Dog Park, located at 705 King Street, Alexandria, VA.
FOR YOUR FEET:
- Last but not least, Alexandria’s city King Street Trolley comes to the rescue with free trolley rides back and forth between King Street Metro Station and along the King Street neighborhood, including the Waterfront. In honor of FNO, they’ll be extending their service hours for all twenty stops – very good news for those with tired heels that night.
If you’re a strategic kind of a gal, plan your trip here or print out the official Alexandria’s FNO map. Social media mavens, connect with FNO Alexandria on Facebook and follow @FNOAlexandria for all the latest updates.
Do you have any favorite local shops or fashion tips you’d like to share? Check back here next Friday for a full FNO Alexandria recap, or sign up for stylish email updates.
See you September 6, FNOA!