I tried but I just couldn’t whittle this list down to only 10 reasons!
1. Whey protein as the main protein source rather than soy protein isolate or other more inferior forms of protein. Total protein per serving including those from other ingredients is 17g per serving. Other protein sources in Shakeology include Sacha Inchi from Peru, chia, flax, quinoa, amaranth, brown rice, and pea. Protein helps build lean muscle, improve skin and hair, support mental clarity, and reduce food cravings.
2. Super-fruit blend of antioxidants which promote cardiovascular health, optimal blood pressure, and cellular protection from cancer including blueberry, green tea, aҫai, acerola cherry, bilberry, goji berry, grape seed, pomegranate, rose hips, and more.
3. Detoxifying phytonutrient superfood blend containing moringa, chlorella, spirulina, wheat grass, spinach, barley grass, kamut grass, and oat grass.
4. Adaptogen blend to protect the body from stress, support the immune system, and balance the endocrine system. Ingredients include ginkgo, maca, maitake mushroom, reishi mushroom, tulsi, astragalus, ashwagandha, cordyceps, and schisandra.
An adaptogen increases your body’s to adapt to environmental factors, and to avoid damage from such factors. Environmental factors can be physiological, such as injury or aging, or psychological, such as anxiety.
5. Pre- and probiotic digestive enzyme blend increases nutrient absorption, promotes regularity, and improves digestion. Ingredients include yacon root, lactobacillus sporogenes, amylase, cellulose, lactase, lipase, protease, bromelain, and papain
6. 100% or greater recommended daily intake of several vitamins including Vitamins A, C, B12, B6, B1, and manganese. Significant source (greater than 30% RDA per serving) of Vitamins D, E, K1, B2, Folic Acid, Biotin, pantothenic acid, calcium, iodine, zinc, copper, chromium, and molybdenum. And the best part – these are not synthetic supplements added to the mix; rather they are naturally occurring nutrients in the ingredients used to make Shakeology.
7. Anti-inflammatory ingredients including cinnamon.
8. Easy and fast to make it – less than 3 minutes using a water bottle or 5 minutes using a blender (includes clean up time)
9. Affordable – $4 a meal retail; $3 a meal for Team Beach Body Coaches, an additional 10% off for home direct monthly auto-ship (plus free shipping). Ask me how to sign up as a coach or for the home direct delivery program.
10. Has been shown to lower cholesterol 30% and LDL (bad) cholesterol 38% in clinical studies.
11. Only 160 calories per serving when mixed with filtered water. This is so low that you have plenty of room to add other ingredients such as yogurt, coconut oil, banana, to further boost the nutritional qualities of this drink.
12. Only 6 grams of sugar per serving. No artificial sweeteners. No high fructose corn syrup or other GMO-based sugars. Added sweeteners in the mix include only non-GMO fructose and stevia, an herb used in Asia for millennia as a natural sweetener.
13. Only whole food ingredients . No preservatives, artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup, or hydrogenated oils.
14. 24% of recommended daily fiber intake in every serving
15. Best of all… It tastes great!!!!!!!!!
What are you waiting for? Get yours now at www.shakeology.com/teresaharlow!
Teresa Harlow, owner of Toucan Foods, Independent Team Beach Body Coach