Did you know that Houston, TX was Smashburger’s first city to test the “smashed” concept outside of Colorado? After its successful 5 years and soon to be 12 restaurants in the Houston area, Smashburger will be opening up a brand new location in Washington Heights in October 2012.
Some fun facts about Smashburger:
• June, 2007: Smashburger’s first locations open in Lafayette and Glendale, CO.
• 2008: Voted Most Likely to Succeed by Denver Magazine.
• January, 2009: Named 2009 Hot Concept! by Nations Restaurant News.
• July, 2009: Smashburger opens first store in Houston
• September, 2009: 2 million Smashburgers served nationwide.
• October, 2009: Smashburger signs 300th franchise store deal. Soon markets nationwide will experience burger nirvana.
• 2009: Smashburger operates 44 units in 12 states. It has quickly become the favorite burger place of every market it enters.
• January 2010: Smashburger named Best Local Retail Specialization of 2009 by About.com
• 2010: Smashburger will operate 100-125 stores by year’s end including corporate, joint venture and franchise locations.
• November 2011: Named “Most Promising Company of 2012: by Forbes Magazine
• April 2012: Smashburger announces grand opening of its first international restaurant in Kuwait.
Smashburger provides something for everyone. Along with mouthwatering burgers made from 100 per cent Certified Angus Beef, the restaurant serves delicious Smashchicken sandwiches, Smashdogs, and Smashsalads, with sides like veggie frites and rosemary and garlic-seasoned Smashfries. You can also enjoy Häagen-Dazs shakes, root beer floats, beer, and wine with your meal. You even get to experience different types of Smashburgers as each location customizes their menu based on that region’s menu on flavor profiles and local ingredients. You can even create your own burger using a variety of real cheeses, fresh produce, premium condiments and artisan buns.
Mark your calendars to take the family out to dinner at the newest location when it opens, but in the meantime you can stop by any one of the Houston area Smashburger locations and take a night off from cooking.
In related news . . .
Want to try Smashburger? Head over here to get your chance to win four Smashburger Bucks, in this Smash the Back to School Blues with a Family Dinner offer.