Open House for Henry County Schools is Thursday, August 2, 2012
– High School 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
– Middle School 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
– Elementary School 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
For Open House events for specific or special groups such as kindergarten, 6th grade and 9th grade students or for additional information, please check the school website your child attends or contact the school office. For contact information, and a link to the school web site, visit the Henry County Schools home page, then click on the Select-a-School tab, found top left of home page.
First Day of School for Henry County Schools is Monday, August 6, 2012
School Starting and Ending Times, changing for the 2012-13 school year. Click Here
Henry County Schools adopted a three-tier bus routing system for the 2012-13 school year, allowing for the separate transportation of kids by school levels, decreasing student stress.
Here are the projected starting and ending times:
- Elementary Schools – Elementary schools will maintain their regular bell schedule with schools starting at 7:55 a.m. and ending at 2:30 p.m.*
- Middle Schools – Middle schools will change their start time to 8:55 a.m. and end at 3:55 p.m.*
- High Schools – High schools will change their start time to 8:10 a.m. and end at 3:10 p.m.*
*Check with your child’s school to confirm start times as some schools might have slight variations. For contact information, and a link to the school web site, visit the Henry County Schools website, then click on the Select a School… tab, top left on the page.
Three-Tier Bus Routing System Changes Student Pick-Up Times
To discover changes in pick-up times or locations access WebQuery link here, or you may call Transportation Services at 770-957-2025.
Georgia Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday
Georgia back-to-school sales tax holiday is Friday and Saturday, August 10-11, 2012, and the following items will be exempt:
- Clothing and footwear with a sales price of $100.00 or less per item;
- A single purchase, with a sales price of $1,000.00 or less, of personal computers and personal computer-related accessories; and
- General school supplies to be used in the classroom or in classroom-related activities with a sales price of $20.00 or less per item.
The exemption does not apply for:
- Clothing accessories, jewelry, handbags, umbrellas, eyewear, watches, watchbands, cellular devices, furniture, computer-related accessories designed for recreational use, items used in a trade or business or for resale, or rentals; or
- Sales in theme parks, entertainment complexes, public lodging establishments, restaurants, or airports.
More Georgia tax-free holiday information found here.
Important Dates for the 2012-13 School Calendar
Thursday, August 2 ~ Open House
Monday, August 6 ~ First Day of School
Monday, September 3 ~ Labor Day Holiday
September 24-28 ~ Fall Break
October 3 ~ Georgia High School Writing Test Grade 11 ( Oct. 4 make-up)
October 17 ~ PSAT Grade 10 (no charge) Grade 11 optional (fee)
October 31 ~ PLAN Grade 10 (no charge)
Tuesday, November 6 ~ Election Day, Professional Learning Day —No school for students
November 19-23 ~ Thanksgiving Break
December 24 to January 7 ~ Semester/Winter Break
Tuesday, January 8 ~ Students begin second semester
January 16 ~ Grade 8 Writing Assessment (January 17 make-up)
Monday, January 21 ~ Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Monday, February 18 ~ Presidents’ Day
February 18-22 ~ Mid-Winter Break
March 6 ~ Grade 5 Georgia Writing Assessment (March 7 make-up)
March 18-22 ~ Georgia High School Graduation Tests
March 18-29 ~ Grade 3 Georgia Writing Evaluation Window
April 1-5 ~ Spring Break
April 16-26 ~ Georgia Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests (CRCT) Grades 3-8
May 6-17 ~ Advanced Placement (AP) Exams AP Students
May 7-16 ~ End of Course Tests Grades 9-12;
Monday, May 27 ~ Memorial Day Holiday
Friday, May 31 ~ Last Day of School
Friday, May 31 ~ Graduation – Check school websites for specific information
June 3-5 ~ Post-planning