Plugins enhance your WordPress website with additional functionality. For example, many Tampa Bay businesses are tourism-related and their websites could benefit from applications that, for example, display the current local weather in the sidebar or a calendar plugin to share information about upcoming events.
Here are the steps to installing a new WordPress plugin on your website:
- From your WordPress Dashboard, click on Plugins > Add New
- In the Search box type the name of the plugin (if you know it) or type a word or phrase describing what you need (i.e., calendar, events, widget) and click Search Plugins.
- You can evaluate the plugin offerings by reading the summary or clicking Details for a longer description, screenshots and support forums.
- Upon deciding which plugin to install, click the Install Now link which appears under the plugin name.
- When the plugin is successfully installed, click Activate.
- Look in your left sidebar for the new plugin. It may have its own tab or it may appear under another tab, such as Settings or Media. It may not show at all in the sidebar but will be accessible when editing a page or post.
And that’s how easy it is to add more functionality to your WordPress website!
Helpful tips for evaluating a plugin
Weather Forecast – WP Wunderground plugin review