Jones Coffee Roasters, nestled in the heart of Pasadena, is a must go to for all lovers of the caffeinated addictive bean. Though surrounded by chains, like Starbucks, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and Peets, the small coffee shops can go unnoticed in favor of convenience, but the smaller shops offer a little bit more, and the goal isn’t just to make a quick buck off of the caffeine addiction either. Growing and cultivating coffee beans is as complex a process as creating wine, Jones Coffee Roasters takes great pride in growing the best beans and doing so with the environment in mind by implementing sustainable farming practices and a commitment to their workers.
Famous in Pasadena for their coffee, Jones Coffee Roasters has a lot going for them, and at the same time not that much…coffee lovers will rejoice, while regular consumers may patron this place once in a while, when the mood strikes them.
This is why coffee drinkers may only visit once in a while…
- Street parking in Pasadena, enough said, right?
- There is a private lot in front of Jones, but it is shared. Also one behind Jones, though not visible upon first glance.
- Well known coffee spot in Pasadena…so slightly on the crowded side.
- Though built in a spacious warehouse, seating is scattered and scarce.
- Beware of the big table…private conversations don’t always occur there.
- The food menu is typical of a coffee shop, and while the frittata is filling, the scones are more like shortbread cookies…a tad on the dry side.
- For those who like to work in a coffee shop on laptops, make sure Internet access isn’t necessary, because there’s NO Wi-fi here.
This is what can convert you to a real “Jonesian”
- There REALLY is great coffee
- Hold coffee workshops once in a while, so that non-coffee connoisseurs can learn to appreciate the bean
- There is a modern urban industrial atmosphere highlighted by the warehouse aesthetic
- Help yourself to various coffee complements, such as creamers and milks in the Customer Fridge
- Feature local artwork, sometimes a little less conventional for those interested, and all available for purchase
- Interested in really good coffees? Join the Coffee Club!
- Open Mics and other events like Wheel Food Wednesday
- Welcome mugs! Taking steps to being sustainable!
- Open on Sundays! Some Sundays they feature live music!
There are goods and bads to all places, and while this place is slightly on the hipster side, each experience is unique. Great place to catch up with friends, if you can grab one of the small tables, or learn a little bit about coffee. Though not completely consumer friendly, it is a wildly popular coffee destination in Pasadena