We have all been eating traditional burgers and hot dogs on the grill all summer. Bostonians do love those Fenway Franks!
Labor Day weekend is approaching and the grill will be stored in the garage in the not-too-distant-future. It is time to step it up a little at try something new and delicious, lamb burgers. The flavor is incredible and even further enhanced when served on a bed of fresh Greek salad.
Lamb burgers with Greek salad
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 16 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chickpeas
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup black olives, pitted and halved
- 3/4 cup (about 6 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon garlic powder together for salad dressing. Set aside.
- Mix lamb, allspice, remaining salt and remaining garlic powder until well-blended.
- Form patties.
- Grill, turning only once, for 6 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature is 160* F.
- Lightly toss mixed greens, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives and feta cheese. Drizzle and toss with dressing.
- Divide and plate salad. Top each salad with a lamb burger.