Twice a year, the Dr. John McDougall Health and Medical Center hosts the Advanced Study weekend in Santa Rosa, California. Dr. McDougall is the special guest at the Plant-Based Fitness Expert’s Teleclass on August 1, 2012.
Always sold out, jammed-packed with education, inspiration and a full lineup of world class speakers, the September 2012 Advanced Study Weekend event promises to be nothing less.
Here are some peeks and reports into previous sessions:
- McDougall vs. Fuhrman: Notes for you from the great plant-based doctors debate
- Plant foods, starchy vegetables, early humans, and the human diet
- Advanced Study Weekend: Dancing with the nutrition stars
- Bizarro Piraro! Day 2 at Advanced Study Weekend
- McDougall Advanced Nutrition Study Weekend underway
Details for the September 2012 Advanced Study Weekend
When: September 7 – 9, 2012
Where: Santa Rosa, CA
Continuing Education Credit: 15 Hours of Continuing Education Credits for Nurses (may be used by some other professionals. California CEP number: 15494)
Click here to register now for the Advanced Nutrition Weekend at Dr. McDougall’s Health and Medical Center
Scheduled guests for the September 2012 Advanced Study Weekend include:
- W. Clifford Roberts, MD – Executive director of the Baylor Cardiovascular Institute.
- Dean Ornish, MD – World-renowned researcher on diet and disease.
- Keith Block, MD – Founder of the Block Center of Integrative Cancer Care
- Chef Kevin Dunn – Master Chef: Vegan Culinary Instructor Grand Rapids Community College.
- George Lundberg, MD – Editor of Medscape, Former Editor of JAMA.
- Katherine Milton, PhD – Professor of physical anthropology at the University of California in Berkeley.
- Joseph Koen – Author of Whitewash:The Disturbing Truth About Cow’s Milk and Your Health.
- Mary Gibson, MD – Editor for the Less is More series in the Archives of Internal Medicine and author of the Treatment Trap
- John McDougall, MD – McDougall Health and Medical Center
- Doug Lisle, PhD, – Psychologist, True North Health, Santa Rosa, CA
- Michael Klaper, MD – True North Health, Santa Rosa, CA
- Jeff Novick, RD
Video introduction to the Advanced Study Weekend viewable here.
Author, educator, and presenter Lani, M.A., CGFI, CPBN, (www.lanimuelrath.com), also known as The Plant-Based Fitness Expert, specializes in connecting you with whole-foods, plant-based eating, simple workouts and frame of mind so you can realize your healthy, strong body without white-knuckle hunger or exercising like a maniac. She has over 30 years of experience as a teacher, coach, and trainer. Lani is author of Fit Quickies: 5 Minute Targeted Body Shaping Workouts (Penguin, 2013).
Guest Lecturer in Kinesiology at San Francisco State University and Associate Professor in Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics at Butte College, Lani is Fitness Advisor for the Dr. John McDougall Health and Medical Center Discussion Boards as well as presenter and celebrity coach for the 21-Day PCRM Vegan Kickstart, VegRun Program, and the Complete Health Improvement Project (CHIP). She is also Health and fitness expert for Vegan Mainstream and Healthy Living Examiner at pingroof.com. Lani is certified in Plant-based nutrition via Cornell University.