If your taste buds have been screaming for a rich and decadent sweet treat to eat, you’re in luck! July 30 is one of the very best food holidays of the entire year – it’s National Cheesecake Day! Whether you prefer yours plain, topped with fruit or loaded with chocolate , who can resist a heapin’ helping of rich and creamy cheesecake?
Typically made with cream cheese, eggs and a sweet graham cracker crust, folks have been devouring cheesecakes for centuries. It’s believed that cheesecake actually originated in the Greek islands thousands of years ago. Today’s cheesecakes are available in a wide variety of rich and decadent flavors that are hard to resist.
In honor of the annual holiday, some restaurant chains are celebrating National Cheesecake Day by offering free or discounted prices on their cheesecake slices.
National Cheesecake Day Deals
- With more than 30 fabulous flavors, the Cheesecake Factory has been celebrating National Cheesecake Day for five years and this year is no exception. This year, the Cheesecake Factory is offering its Any Slice Half Price special in honor of the delicious occasion. The offer, valid on Monday, July 30, 2012, is for dine-in customers only. And if you happen to be a Facebook fan – the Any Slice Half Price offer has been extended one day to Tuesday, July 31, 2012.
- Eli’s Cheesecake is celebrating National Cheesecake Day in a whole new way. Not only will Miss Illinois, Megan Ervin, be decorating cheesecake in person, but a portion of all Eli’s online and in-store sales will be donated to The Children’s Miracle Network. And Eli’s will be handing out FREE SLICES of cheesecake in the Windy City from its new Cheesecake Mobile, a super cool black and white 1927 Ford delivery truck. Plus the cheesecake maker will also be offering free online shipping on its featured flavor of the hour as well. Visit the website or Facebook for specific information.
- Once again, Anthony’s Cheesecake is celebrating National Cheesecake Day. This year, they’ll be giving away free Mini New York-Style Cheesecakes with any purchased lunch entrée.
- Peteet’s Famous Cheesecake is also celebrating the occasion. The first 100 slices on National Cheesecake Day will be FREE. And speaking of free – free samples of Peteet’s delicious cheesecake ice cream will also be available. Plus, everything will be 25 percent off all day long.
Just in case you can’t make it to one of the events above, why not whip up one or two of the delicious cheesecake recipes below? So grab the biggest fork you can find and dig right in!
Decadent & Delicious Cheesecake Recipes
- Chocolate Cheesecake – Whoever invited the perfect combination of decadent chocolate with rich and creamy cheesecake, deserves a gold medal! This 5-star dreamy, creamy recipe is to die for!
- New York Style Cheesecake – This 5-star recipe, from Emeril Lagasse, includes your choice of sauces to top it all off – blueberry, strawberry or pineapple.
- The Ultimate Cheesecake – This popular, 5-star cheesecake recipe with a warm lemon blueberry topping, calls for 2 blocks of cream cheese, 3 eggs, graham crackers, unsalted butter, sugar, sour cream, lemon, vanilla extract and blueberries.
- Maple Cheesecake with Roasted Pears – From Martha Stewart – ‘nuff said!
- Blackberry Cheesecake – Fair warning – the photos in this recipe are to-die-for! This cheesecake recipe, from The Pioneer Woman, looks too amazing to eat!
- No Bake Cherry Ripe Cheesecake – Simple to make and “tastes like heaven.”
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake – This popular 5-star recipe, from the delightful Paula Deen, calls for a graham cracker crust, 2 packages of cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, apple pie filling, caramel topping and pecans.
- Caramel Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake – This popular recipe, from The Pioneer Woman, looks perfect for the holidays, or breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Pumpkin Cheesecaketini – Run, don’t walk, to check out this fabulous recipe that includes milk or cream, Hiram Walker Cinnamon Schnapps, Hiram Walker Pumpkin Spice Liqueur, caramel, graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream.
- Vanilla Cheesecake Lollipops – These little pops are perfect for parties, bridal or baby showers. Heck, any occasion will do!
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pops – Speaking of pops, this recipe calls for brown sugar, cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla extract, creamy peanut butter, vegetable shortening and chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Cheesecake Squares – You’ll need chocolate wafer cookies, reduced-fat cream cheese, reduced-fat sour cream, cornstarch, sugar, egg, semisweet chocolate chips and unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe from Martha Stewart.
- Low-Fat Cheesecake – This 5-star recipe has all the taste without all the guilt!
- Low Carb New York Ricotta Cheesecake – If you’re on a low carb diet, no worries! Check this 5-star recipe out.
- Cheesecake Martini – This cheesecake in a glass cocktail calls for Bacardi Vanil rum and pineapple and cranberry juices. Yum!
And speaking of great food, don’t forget to check out the special deals on lasagna meals for National Lasagna Day. Enjoy!