Summer is upon us and that means many of new gluten-free products that debuted at Expo West and other food shows are about to hit store shelves. Back in March I attended Expo West and wrote about those gluten-free products I thought were unique (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4); however, the list below represents even more gluten-free products that are rolling out this quarter.
- Caesar’s Pasta – their new gluten-free entrees include Beef Cannelloni Florentine Style in Marinara Sauce, Chicken Lasagna Cacciatore Style, Beef Ravioli, and Cheese Ravioli.
- Clif Bar – has four new bars called KIT’s Organic Fruit + Nuts Bars. They are gluten, dairy, and soy free and they come in the following flavors: Berry Almond, Cashew, Chocolate Almond Coconut, and Peanut Butter.
- Crunchmaster – unveiled two new products at the 2012 Summer Fancy Food Show: Cheddar Cheezy Crisps and Cinnamon & Sugar Grammy Crisps. Both items are made with 100% whole grains and are certified gluten and peanut free.
- Daiya Foods – their new wedge cheeses can be found locally at Whole Foods. I love eating their jack cheese with sliced apples.
- Doritos – has removed the wheat from the Nacho Cheese flavor, but be careful when purchasing because the old formulations are still on the shelves. Read the label carefully to ensure you have a version without wheat.
- Ian’s Natural Foods – just launched gluten-free Italian panko breadcrumbs and the ingredients are: Rice Flour, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Leavening (sodium bicarbonate, gluconolactone), Canola Oil, Sugar, Yeast, Spices, Ascorbic Acid.
- King Arthur Flour – recently added Yellow Cake Mix to its gluten-free product line. The yellow cake mix is free of the top eight allergens (gluten, wheat, dairy, casein, soy, peanuts, treenuts, and shellfish) and it is certified by GFCO. It should be on local store shelves soon. Thanks to Kimberly Bouldin for letting me use her photo!
- Schar – just launched gluten-free bagels (plain and cinnamon raisin), deli bread (soft and most right out of the package), honeygrams (graham crackers), and cheese pizza.
- Zing Bars – has two new vegan flavors: Dark Chocolate Hazelnut and Coconut Cashew Crisp. Both flavors are gluten, soy, and dairy free and they are GFCO certified.
What new gluten-free products have you found on store shelves? Have you tried any of the products listed above? What did you think?