Pineapple brings a tropical sweetness to everything it touches. It has a distinct flavor, smooth texture and a delicious aroma. Why not change plain white rice into a side dish that is extraordinary. Pineapple rice has a unique taste sure to delight the family while providing a wonderful serving of fruit to the dinner.
- 1 (8ounce) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup of white rice
- Drain the pineapple well and set aside.
- Cook the rice according to the packaged directions.
- Once the rise is cooked, fluff with a fork and place in a large frying pan.
- Add the pineapple into the frying pan and mix into the rice.
- Cook over a medium heat until the rice and pineapple are slightly browned.
- Remove from the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Drink the pineapple juice that was drained with breakfast the next morning or while waiting for the pineapple rice to get lightly browned.
- You can also save the pineapple juice in an airtight container and save it to include in the ingredients in lieu of some of the water required in the recipe for a moister pineapple upside-down cake.
- Serve with chicken, fish and seafood – scallops are a great choice!
- Add pea pods to the frying pan to add an additional vegetable to dinner while giving the pineapple rice dish some added color.
The local Jackson supermarket known as the Pick’n Save carries everything you need to prepare this delicious rice side dish for your family. Just two little ingredients and viola, a delicious rice dish to compliment your dinner menu.
© 2012 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner.
Subscribe to any of my topics to receive e-mail updates (spam free) whenever I post a new article!
You can also follow me on: Twitter, Digg and Facebook – fans pages are: Jackson Cooking, Home and Living and Healthy Living.