Check out the recipe tutorial that includes a slide show and video for making an extra nutritious meal of black beans and yellow rice. This recipe is so tasty that it is hard to believe how healthy it is as well.
Ingredients for Recipe:
Please note: This makes 4 servings.
9 oz. bag of Vigo Yellow Rice
2 1/4 cups of water
2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
Can of black beans (any brand)
Sour Cream (optional)
Cooking Instructions for making Vigo Yellow Rice:
1. Using a sauce pan with a tightly-fitted lid, add 2 1/4 cups of water. Bring this to a boil.
2. Add either 2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter.
3. Pour in the entire bag of Vigo Yellow Rice.
4. Stir this mixture while boiling for one minute.
5. Turn the heat down to low, place the lid on the pan, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat.
Cooking Instructions for making Black Beans:
1. Open up any brand of black beans. Include the juice as this adds flavor and moisture to the meal. You can serve this room temperature.
2. If this has been refrigerated, you may wish to microwave it for a few seconds.
1. Place a large scoop or two of black beans on a plate.
2. Place a large scoop or two of the hot yellow rice.
3. If you like, place a dollop of sour cream on the side.
Please note: The meal is delicious without the sour cream. For those who enjoy sour cream, the meal is even tastier.
4. Serve and enjoy! This makes 4 good-size servings.
Please note: The leftovers warm up beautifully in the microwave. They taste just as good as leftovers as they did when the recipe was first made.
Details about the slideshow
The slideshow shows pictures of the Vigo Yellow Rice, two different brands of black beans, and the Food Club version of Sour Cream. It includes the nutrition facts and ingredients in these various items.
Details about the video
The video gives you a complete cooking tutorial on how to make this recipe. You can click on the video in the sidebar or you can watch it directly on YouTube by clicking below:
- How to make Black Beans and Yellow Rice
See Debbie Dunn’s articles on | Women’s Health | School Conflict Resolution | K-8 Classroom Activities | Storytelling Website
Subscribe to: | Women’s Health | School Conflict Resolution | K-8 Classroom Activities |
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org