In the “Rose Guide to the Temple” readers are given the entire history of the first and second Temple built in Jerusalem from Moses to modern times, plus fascinating information on “the modern Temple Mount and Future Temple.” This incredible historical record provides an astonishing visual tour that includes colorful illustrations with clear plastic overlays that lift for readers to “see inside” the Temple.
Inside the hardback, spiral bound, front cover is a 24-inch-long fold-out two-sided poster, with “The Messiah Temple,” on one side and “Jerusalem’s Holy Ground” on the other. Aerial pictures of “Solomon’s Temple,” Herod’s Temple,” Dome of the Rock,” and “Today, the Old City” are provided by National Geographic.
Dr. Price’s extensive research, clear writing and amazing graphics and illustrations, offer an accurate archeological and biblical account with an easy-to-understand overview of times and events. Over 150 maps, timelines, photographs, sidebars and charts add breadth and depth.
- Diagrams of the Ark, Mercy Seat, golden lampstand, altars and much more
- Solomon’s Temple Cutaway with numbered descriptions of the Veil, the Altar of Incense, Table of the bread of the Presence and more.
- Descriptions and uses for Ten Bronze Basins, the Holy Place, the Holy of Holies.
- Solomon’s Temple side view with plastic overlay to “see inside.”
- The Shekinah described
- Sacrifices, their meaning and significance
- The Red Heifer ceremony
- Herod’s Temple: outer gates and porches with the Monumental staircase
- Timelines with dates and descriptions of events
I found the “archaeological discoveries on page 101 fascinating with pictures and descriptions of archaeological finds such as:
- Lid of the stone sarcophagus found in 2008 inscribed with the name of the high priest
- Remains of the “Robinson Arch that supported an immense…” Temple mount staircase.
- Wall remains of “…an ancient street lined with shops…”
- Remains of the “Grand staircase near the Double and Triple Gates.”
- The “cornerstone” for the “place of trumpeting” that began and ended the Sabbath.
This exceptionally well-done book is an historical and spiritual record of God’s love for His people that follows the biblical record. To actually view scale drawings of the magnificent Temple where Jesus was dedicated as a baby and where He threw out the moneychangers, is breathtaking. If you plan a trip to Jerusalem, this book is a must have. If you’re a student, teacher or Bible scholar, this book is a must have. On a scale of one to ten this book is fifty plus!
‘Rose Guide to the Temple,’ by Dr. Randall Price, Rose Publishing, 2012, Spiral bound, 144 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-1596364684, 29.99
Back Cover Copy:
Now you can see how the temple in Jerusalem may have looked 3,000 years ago. Based on the most up-to-date discoveries, this book explains the biblical and historical background of the temple in Jerusalem during every period from Abraham to modern day.
- Solomon’s Temple (First Temple)
- Nehemiah/Zerubbabel’s Temple
- Herod’s Temple (Second temple; New Testament)
- Ezekiel’s Temple and symbolism
- Flood plans and diagrams by top biblical illustrators and archaeologists
- Fold-out poster of new digital model of the Herodian Temple Mount and Temple Mount through time by National Geographic
- 100-event time line from the time of King David to modern day
- Dome of the Rock history, floor plan, and cross0section, and area where the Ark of the Covenant may have stood.
- Explanations of the high priestly garments, as well as the feasts and sacrifices
Dr. Randall Price, ThM, PhD is Distinguished Research Professor and Executive Director of the Center for Judaic Studies at Liberty University. He is also Adjunct Professor of Apologetics at Veritas Theological Seminary and Founder and President of World of the Bible Ministries, Inc.
FaceBook: Gail Welborn