September is the last full month Saturn will be in the sign Libra. The planet ruling structure, responsibility and restrictions leaves the sign represented by the scales of Justice, not to return again for nearly 3 decades. This is good news for Libras, who have generally been suffering from the restrictions Saturn places on one when it transits through their personal sign for two and a half years. Saturn enters the sign of Scorpio on October 6, and this will drastically change the energy in the world and with us on a personal level.
Saturn changes signs about every two and a half years, and this is a big event. Saturn is where we find our greatest challenges, issues and ultimately growth, and Saturn seldom brings easy situations.
Saturn in Libra has been seeking balance and harmony as well as justice in terms of relationships with others. Gay marriage has been a theme throughout the past several years and appears to be gaining acceptance on a much broader level, but is vehemently opposed by some. Libra is about forging alliances that includes our own personal relationships as well as relationships with and among governments. Factions in the US and abroad have chosen sides, and in the US we have seen the Tea Party movement emerge as an alliance, but new alliances on the other side of the isle have been forged as well, and in typical Libra fashion what is needed and desired by most is balance.
Libra is ruled by Venus and Venus is the planet of love and money. Saturn’s last passage in Libra in 1982 coincided with a major recession. Saturn was conjunct Pluto at the time, which was a restrictive influence. Saturn’s progression through the sign this time has contributed to worldwide financial obstacles, and we are still in a major downturn, although it isn’t 100 per cent a result of Saturn in Libra, but rather a contributing factor.
As Saturn enters Scorpio in October the focus will shift once again. Scorpio is the natural ruler of the eighth house of money, death and rebirth, joint finances, sex and taxes. Scorpio is ruled by Mars and Pluto and the impetus will be to fight for what you believe and want, and with some the fighting will not always be above board. Scorpio is a secretive and intense sign, and I will write more about this major shift of energy in the future.
Of course, the Pluto-Uranus square is evidenced by all the anger and volatility in the world. This is an angry, disruptive transit that puts the world in a state of upheaval and chaos, especially where power structures and brokers are concerned. Powers that be, secret agendas, bullies, oil companies and Wall Street are at odds with the 99 per cent, and those who have revolution in their hearts. The 1 per cent is at odds with the 99 per cent. As we enter the last month of Saturn in Libra, political and other factions in the world are making binding alignments with each other to take sides in the revolution that is at hand in American and in the world. But, revolutions are nothing new to history and America was born of one of the greatest revolutions ever conceived.
Pluto and Uranus came together in a square in Cancer and Aries in 1929-35, and in a conjunction in Virgo 1967-68. Both periods saw major societal upheaval and change, and so will 2012-2016. During September, Uranus and Pluto will square each other exact, at 7 and 6 degrees of Aries and Capricorn, so if your Sun sign is at this degree or close, or it is aspecting a personal planet in your chart in one of the cardinal signs (Cancer, Capricorn, Libra or Aries) you will be personally affected by this square during September. Expect major shifts and changes in the established order of things in your life.
August 30, the Sun opposes Neptune, and this is a confusing transit full of misinformation. Neptune is the planet of illusion, delusion, and lack of clarity. It is tiring and best not to make major decisions at this time. August 31, the full moon, called a blue moon because it is the second full moon of the month, occurs in Pisces at 7 degrees. This moon is conjunct Neptune. Neptune not only rules distortions, lies and insecurities, it rules water. At the time of this post New Orleans and the Gulf is being deluged by Hurricane Isaac, and the news describes its effect as devastating. Expect water related situations to be forefront at this time and plan accordingly. September 1, Mercury enters Virgo and opposes Neptune and we may hear of further water related situations or accidents, and this is a transit of lack of clarity or lies. People may feel like victims. The highest use of this energy is spiritual pursuits, helping others, meditation, relaxation, or creativity. Neptune is a complex planet and also rules drugs and alcohol, so be careful driving this weekend, and don’t be surprised if you see a great deal of over indulging of all types. September 3, Venus squares Saturn. This transit will bring the realities of your situation to your attention. Saturn is about responsibilities and it may be harder to connect with others.
Following are additional transits during September:
September 4, Mercury trines Pluto. This is about getting back to work, and moving forward with plans and business. A good day for getting to the bottom of questions. The media will come into focus today. September 6, Venus enters Leo and the planet of love will travel through the most dramatic of signs for the next 29 days. Leo is about romance and fun. September 7, the Sun squares Jupiter and this is a positive transit as long as you don’t over promise or over exaggerate. September 8, Mercury squares Jupiter and there will be a lot of overblown conversation. Wait and see if what you hear is actually true. September 10, the Sun conjuncts Mercury. You and others will have strong opinions, and it is prone to worry and verbal altercations. Watch travel. September 13, Venus trines Uranus and this is a positive and exciting transit, indicative of unexpected meetings and unusual situations.
The September New Moon occurs September 16, at 23 degrees of Virgo. Virgo is the natural ruler of the sixth house of work, health and service, and it is here our interests will lie. Virgo also rules banking auditors and this is the most critical of signs. A good new moon to plan, organize, and set your plans for the future. It will be detail oriented.
September 16, Mercury enters Libra the natural ruler of the seventh house of marriage and partnerships. Conversation will take on a more consolatory tone for the next month.
September 20, Mercury opposes Uranus and squares Pluto, setting off the Uranus-Pluto square. Because it is setting off the square, this is an important transit and we may expect just about anything. Mercury rules travel, communication and young people. We may hear unexpected news, situations related to the media, and it will be a volatile transit with much arguing. Situations and those with agendas may become clear at this time and things may be uncovered or come to light. There is obsessive energy, and a desire to get to the bottom of things. Travel could become dangerous at this time, and we could hear news of accidents.
September 23, the Sun enters Libra, and the cardinal period of fall begins. During this phase the weather shifts from summer to fall.
September 29, the Sun opposes Uranus and squares Pluto, setting off the Pluto Uranus square again. Whereas, Mercury deals with communication and what we hear, Sun-Pluto-Uranus transits can be indicative of turmoil and explosive, unexpected events. This is a harsh, disruptive transit that will bring news of power struggles and explosive situations around the world, especially the hot spots. It is a dangerous transit.
Also September 29, the full moon occurs at 7 degrees of Aries at 11:19 PM EST, setting off the Uranus-Pluto square. This is a double whammy, and the last few days are the most critical days of the month. This is a full moon to be respected. Aries is the ruler of the first house of self, and is ruled by Mars, the God of war. This will be a volatile full moon with egos running rampant. Pluto will bring intensity, bullies or those trying to force their will, and power struggles to the fray and Uranus will bring an element of the unexpected. This full moon will set off the Uranus-Pluto square and we will see the results of this square up front and close. Use caution in all of your dealings. Events that are of importance to the world will occur and if you are a 5-10 degree Capricorn, Cancer, Aries or Libra (or have planets at these degrees and placements) this will affect you on a personal level bringing major change.