Typical academic planners are used merely to record homework assignments, tests, and due dates. In effect, they are glorified “to-do” lists. The Order Out of Chaos Academic Planner can be described as a tool for time management. This planner is specially designed to guide students in their efforts to manage their time effectively.
The Order Out of Chaos 2012-2013 Academic Planner has been reviewed in ADDitude Magazine: “My son, Michael, 13, wasn’t able to keep track of tasks or time. The Academic Planner turned things around! Unlike other planners, the Academic Planner has space at the bottom of every page for listing after-school activities and weekend commitments. Michael has sports and social commitments that conflict with his school deadlines. Now, at a glance, he can tell when he has blocks of open time, and when he has no time for fun. The large-format pages also allow him to write more details about assignments and homework. After a week of using the Academic Planner, Michael dumped his old one!”
The planners special features include:
- An index page at the beginning enables students to record their class subjects once. The actual weekly planner pages then line up on a subject-by-subject basis. This system maintains continuity and creates an easy, natural method for students to look at each week and quickly see assignments and due dates they have for each of their classes.
- The planner allocates space for after-school activities and weekend commitments. Coupled with the grid system for entering information, the recording of this information is essential for providing accurate visual cues of available time in order to complete assignments and prepare for tests. Each open page quickly reveals blocks of time when the student has scheduled activities and when they are free. This facilitates weekly time management and planning strategies.
- Seeing open blocks of time helps students break down multi-step and long-term projects into manageable parts. It also enables students to plan their weekly workload and to feel more in control of their schedule and their time.
- Ample, larger format pages to allow for more room to write assignments and appointments. The overall size of the planner is 8 1/2 x 11″ and the interior pages are an ample 7 x 11″.
- More durably constructed covers in five exciting new designs to match students’ unique style!
Watch a video of the planner in action. The 2012-2013 Academic Planner from Order Out of Chaos is available on their website for $18. Click here to order and see photos and details.