With Electric Zoo 2012just a few days away, NYC is rumbling with anticipation for three days of beats, sunshine and good vibes with 100+ of the world’s top electronic dance music artists on August 31, September 1, and September 2. Now in its fourth year, Electric Zoo is excited to announce set times online and via a new and improved mobile app, plus the return of environmentally friendly green initiatives and this year’s sponsors & media partners.
Set Times Announced via Official Electric Zoo 2012 Mobile App
Now available for iPhone and Android, this year’s Electric Zoo app includes more useful and fun features than ever before. Featuring a custom schedule of set-times, abililty to set reminders so you don’t miss your favorite artists, and map of the festival site so you can locate the nearest bathrooms, face painting or a delicious food vendor, the new app also includes:
- Zoo Radio from Slacker Radio: built into the app, so you can listen to music from Electric Zoo artists on the go.
- Push notifications to get important late-breaking festival news updates.
- A festival camera that lets you put a fun Electric Zoo frame around your photos and share them with friends.
- Information about food and art at the festival.
Electric Zoo 2012 Green Initiatives
Like previous years, Electric Zoo is also proud to include several green initiatives for its fourth edition, including:
- On-site recycling program for all of the trash.
- 50% of on-site generators are running on 100% biodiesel alternative fuel from recycled NYC fryer grease and the rest are on a B50 blend of 50% biodiesel from recycled NYC fryer grease and 50% diesel.
- All of the site equipment is running on a B30 blend of 30% biodiesel from recycled NYC fryer grease and 70% diesel.
- No factory farmed meat products are permitted for sale at Electric Zoo.
- All of the food products and beer will be served on compostable ware (including plates, cups, napkins and utensils).
- Free water will be available from refill stations.
About Electric Zoo
Electric Zoo: New York’s Electronic Music Festival now in its 4th year, featured more than 100 of the world’s biggest electronic music talent in 2011, including DJs and live acts, providing the finest techno, trance, house, dubstep, electro, indie dance music and more across four stages on beautiful Randall’s Island Park. Electric Zoo received a coveted IDMA nomination for “Best U.S. Festival” and “Best Music Event” by URB magazine, as well as press coverage from major media outlets like CNN, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Village Voice, Time Out New York, New York Post, The Source, DJ Mag, Mixmag and Ocean Drive, establishing it as New York City’s premier electronic music festival as well as a top American event. After a sold-out capacity crowd of 50,000 over 2 days in 2010, Electric Zoo expanded to a new 3-day format with over 85,000 attendees in 2011. For more information, please go to: www.electriczoofestival.com.