My first trip to Chattanooga brought me to The Chattanoogan hotel which is conveniently located on the Southside of the city’s downtown area. This upscale property has been awarded the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Rating for the fourth year in a row. It takes pride in being the only full-service hotel in Chattanooga to win the award, and one of only 15 in the state to receive the honor.
This contemporary urban hotel is right on target with the pulse of Chattanooga’s bustling downtown, attracting savvy, young professionals, as well as families, couples, business travelers, and groups. It’s also pet-friendly for those who don’t want to leave their beloved pets at home. The hotel’s decor is chic and modern, yet has infused traditional elements that all come together in a polished, cohesive design.
The newly renovated rooms of The Chattanoogan showcase cosmopolitan and comfortable furnishings and fine amenities, and boast views of historic Lookout Mountain, the courtyard’s rich greenery, and downtown’s Southside.
- Double Deluxe Room-Decorated in soothing neutral tones accented with a striking color palette of browns, whites and reds. Furnished with two double beds topped with pillow mattresses, a work desk, small table and accent chair. Additional amenities include HD TV, high-speed wireless Internet, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and pampering bath products.
- King Deluxe Room-These 350-square-foot rooms feature the same decor and amenities as the Double Deluxe Room, but have a King-sized bed.
- Courtyard Suite-These 635-square-foot suites are elegantly designed in neutral colors with striking accents of browns, reds and whites. They have a King bedroom and adjoining living area with a sleeper sofa, comfortable sitting area with table and chairs, four-person dining table, flat screen HD TV with DVD player, and wet bar with mini-refrigerator. The luxuriously appointed bathrooms feature oversize jetted spa tubs, overhead rain showers and pampering bath products.
- Mountain View Suite-These 960-square-foot luxurious suites are elegantly decorated in soothing neutral colors accented with rich blues, shimmering silvers and beautiful browns, and are complemented by sumptuous woven upholsteries and bold graphic patterns. They have stunning views of Lookout Mountain, and feature a King bedroom, adjoining living and dining area with several comfortable sitting areas, flat screen HD TV with DVD player, dining/conference table for six, wet bar with mini-refrigerator, and 1 ½ baths. Additional amenities include pillow top mattresses, high-speed wireless Internet, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. The full bathroom includes a glassed-in shower, oversized jetted spa tub, modern amenities and pampering bath products.
- Chattanoogan “Presidential” Suite-This 960-square-foot premier suite features an exquisite King bedroom with adjoining living and dining area furnished with a sofa, plush chairs and table, a six-person dining/conference table, classic accent pieces, wet bar with mini-refrigerator, flat screen HD TV with DVD player and 1 ½ baths. Additional amenities include a pillow-top mattress, high-speed wireless Internet, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. The full bathroom includes a glassed-in shower, oversized jetted spa tub, modern amenities and pampering bath products.
Room details and pricing: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/accommodation/
The Chattanoogan hotel has a number of dining options that feature some of the finest cuisine in the city. Whether in one of the restaurants or in the comfort of your room, you are guaranteed to have fresh, diverse, and delicious food options.
Broad Street Grille
Executive Chef Matt Pinner and his talented culinary team head this restaurant, which features upscale dishes, as well as affordable fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a field-to-table concept that uses local fresh produce in its dishes.
One of my finest dining experiences ever….was at the Chef’s Table where I was treated like royalty, and introduced to some of the most succulent and finely-prepared dishes. My experience was so remarkable that I returned three days in a row. I had numerous options in the downtown area, but Broad Street Grille kept me coming back!
Chef Andrew Millsap creatively orchestrated a symphony of dishes for me to sample. My quirks and inhibitions about sampling certain foods went out the window with each delicious dish placed before me. Over the course of three evenings, I sampled a few items including: juicy flank steak, flaky salmon, shrimp with grilled organic squash and heirloom tomatoes, a Monte Cristo sandwich, crispy fried green tomatoes, shrimp ‘n grits, short ribs of beef atop creamy mashed potatoes with roasted cherry tomatoes….salivating yet? Then there was Friday night…steak night. Oh my goodness… I was served the largest and most delicious portion of prime rib that I’ve ever eaten. Thank you to Chef Andrew Millsap, and his supporting cast, Ryan and Leon, as well as Jared, who educated me on wines and food-pairing, and my attentive and wonderful server, Brad. Broad Street Grille should be on everyone’s itinerary when visiting Chattanooga, TN.
The Broad Street Grille also offers these regularly scheduled events :
- Chef’s Table-the only Chef’s Table in the Chattanooga area is a unique interactive dining experience where guests may order from the menu or let the chefs create a menu tasting using many local ingredients. The Chef’s Table is located at the open exhibition kitchen, and is available nightly.
- Friday Steak Night- a diverse menu highlighted by steak entrees. Other options also available, including pork, poultry, seafood, and pasta. Also on the menu are a variety of starters and desserts. http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/dining/broad_street_grille/friday_steak…
- Saturday Date Night– Date Night Menu includes a starter, soup or salad, entree and the dessert shot tree. A bottle of wine is also included with dinner. The cost is $65 per couple–which is an amazing value! http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/dining/broad_street_grille/saturday_dat…
- Champagne Sunday Brunch– Award-winning brunch with dishes such as eggs Benedict, rotisserie chicken, braised pork shoulder, grits, sliced bacon, breakfast sausage, omelet station, waffle station or carving station with horseradish-garlic crusted beef top round, plus unlimited champagne and mimosas. There is also a signature make-your-own Bloody Mary Bar with over 27 toppings. http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/dining/sunday_champagne_brunch/
- Monthly Low Country Boil– The Boil starts with tapas, and continues on with crab legs, Georgia gulf shrimp, Andouille sausage, new potatoes, onions and fresh corn, and wrapped up with the dessert sampler tree.
Broad Street Grille’s link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/dining/broad_street_grille/
The Foundry Lounge
The Chattanoogan hotel’s upscale lounge, offers lighter fare with a delicious menu of appetizers, salads, sandwiches and light entrées. Signature martinis and specialty drinks are served here. Game room has billiards, table shuffleboards and televisions for watching sporting events. On Friday and Saturday nights, local groups perform live music.
The Foundry Lounge’s link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/dining/the_foundry/
Stroud’s Sidewalk Café
Sidewalk café featuring a full menu of drinks, such as coffee drinks, including espresso, cappuccino and lattes. At breakfast, muffins, Danishes, fresh fruit and organic granola parfaits are served. Over-stuffed hand-crafted sandwiches, healthy salads and freshly made soups are served at lunch. Also offers online orders and events catering.
Stroud’s link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/dining/strouds_sidewalk_cafe/
All dining options can be found at this link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/dining/
The Spa at The Chattanoogan
Full service relaxing day spa with a steam room, sauna, fitness center, indoor pool, whirlpool and patio overlooking the hotel’s courtyard.
Spa details and menu link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/spa/
Examiner article about The Spa at The Chattanoogan: http://pingroof.com/article/the-spa-at-the-chattanoogan
Weddings & Events
The Chattanoogan is the perfect place for weddings and events. There are formal and scenic spaces where the wedding and reception, rehearsal dinner, and bridal luncheon can be held. Other events, including birthdays, retirements, reunions, baby showers, etc. can be held here as well. Guests can make a stay of it and book one of the hotel’s luxurious guest rooms.
The hotel also has wedding and events specialists that will assist individuals with budgeting, planning, decorating, and catering events.
The Chattanoogan is currently running a special of 20% off for Friday and Sunday Weddings.
Events space details and link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/wedding/
Catering link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/catering/
Groups & Meetings
The Chattanoogan features a high-tech 25,000 square-foot conference center with comprehensive meeting planning and audiovisual support services–providing the latest in audio and video technology, data projection, videoconferencing and webcasting. The meeting spaces include a 16-seat Executive Board room, 5 general session rooms, 12 breakout rooms, a 7,752 square foot ballroom, and an 85-seat Amphitheater. All audio-visual equipment is included with meeting packages, and complimentary wireless internet is provided throughout the hotel.
Meeting space details and link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/meetings/
Hotel Deals & Specials
The Chattanoogan hotel features many special packages that will suit everyone, from foodies desiring a taste of fine cuisine, couples looking for a romantic interlude, to girlfriends looking for a spa getaway, and families who want to have fun downtown at nearby attractions.
- Tennessee Values
- Chattanooga Romance
- Chattanooga Adventure Packages
- Spa Getaway Packages
- Culinary Packages
- Family Fun Packages & Specials
- Special Events
- Summer Adventures
- Golf Packages
Specials can be accessed at this link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/deals/
The Chattanoogan is located in close proximity to many attractions. Most are within walking distance of the hotel. There is also a free downtown shuttle running adjacent to the hotel. Some attractions downtown are:
- Lookout Mountain
- Tennessee Aquarium Complex and IMAX Theatre
- River Gorge Explorer
- Bessie Smith Cultural Center
- Ruby Falls
- Tennessee Riverwalk
- Southern Belle Riverboat
- Carmike-Majestic 12 Cinemas
Attractions details link: http://www.chattanooganhotel.com/chattanooga/
Before I end, I must make a few additional honorable mentions…
The hospitality at The Chattanoogan is A-plus! I encountered some of the kindest and most hospitable people that I’ve ever met in my lifetime. Every staffperson that I interacted with genuinely greeted me with warmth and catered to my every need, from the front desk, to housekeeping, and restaurant staff to building management. The experience was absolutely outstanding.
Special Thanks to The Chattanoogan hotel and its Management and Staff, Richard Pauley, Director of Sales and Marketing, and Angela Winther of Winther Communications.