The question ‘Will there be a Pauly D Project Season 2’ has been asked repeatedly since the original Jersey Shore spin-off series wrapped in mid-June. Trust us, we’ve more than bothered MTV’s poor PR department with repeated requests for the answer. Reps for the network maintain no decision has been made yet and our sources confirm the same: “(There’s) no word yet.”
So we figured perhaps the big wigs over at MTV need a little extra convincing to know that fans can’t get enough of DJ Pauly D. Here’s five big reasons MTV should give the people what they want – The Pauly D Project Season 2 – and no we’re not talking just about Pauly, Jerry, Ryan, JRoc and Biggie.
- New Drama – We admit The Pauly D Project Season 1 lacked much in the way of drama. There was some tension stirred up mostly by Ryan Labbe, but without the rest of the guys really calling him out on there was little actual drama. But things could be different the second time around. For one thing, Pauly’s longtime road manager and friend, DJ Biggie, is no longer working or traveling with him. While the split was publicly amicable there’s gotta be some drama associated with it – even if it’s just Pauly trying to find another person he can trust to make sure his speakers don’t blow at the worst possible moment. He’s currently touring with a new opener/technician New York’s own DJ Danny Rockz.
- Blowout-size Projects – The blowout has gotten bigger and so have the projects Pauly D is working on. He went from signing the record deal with 50 Cent’s G-Unit records to now working on it in the studio. Pauly’s also launched a new potentially $100+ million mixed drink line. He’s got plenty on the line and in the pipeline that fans would be interested in a behind-the-scenes look.
- His Star’s Still Rising – With a second consecutive Teen Choice Award for Choice Male Reality Star under his diamond-encrusted belt Pauly D’s is definitely still the ‘it’ reality star. The in-demand DJ is selling out shows coast-to-coast, now has two DJ residencies, and has more stalkers than ever – that should be enough proof that he’s not about to fall off the radar.
- Not-So-Big Jerry – Pauly D’s one-time security ‘Big’ Jerry G is no longer his body guard, just as he’s no longer ‘big.’ Jerry’s taken on a new role beside Pauly and is branching out on his own at the same time. Jerry’s weight loss success was a huge talking point for The Pauly D Project, not to mention an even bigger motivator. It’s a story line that continues as the once-400-pound man is now concentrating on adding muscle mass and keeping the weight off.
- Unanswered Questions – The Pauly D Project Season 1 left a lot of big question marks – including the health of Pauly’s father, the future of his and Angel’s relationship, and Biggie and MaryJane’s wedding plans. There are storylines that need to be tied up and a second season would definitely help do that.
MTV has reportedly already picked up a second season of Snooki & JWoWW, just half way through that series’ premiere season – but still no word on if there will be a PDP2.
What’s the biggest reason you’d like to see The Pauly D Project Season 2?