Gold County Artists Gallery celebrates its 20th anniversary this month and Placerville’s Third Saturday Art Walk provides the perfect opportunity for a party.
Third Saturday Art Walk, Placerville
- Gold Country Artists Gallery: The gallery celebrates 20 years of fine art in all media this month. Featured artists Leslie Chambers and Mike Ryan will be there to answer your questions about their work during the art walk, 7/21, 6-9 p.m.
- Iron Willow Gallery: Featured artist Aurora Aguirre will share a DVD presentation of her techniques, as well as answering questions about her work on display. 6-9 p.m.
- El Dorado Arts Council Third Saturday Artist Reception: Celebrate the “Forest for the Trees” exhibit and meet the artists at the reception, 7/21, 6-8 p.m. The exhibit runs through 7/28.
- Banners on Parade: Take advantage of Placerville’s Third Saturday Art Walk to view the colorful Banners on Parade along Main Street. Get the free self-guided walking tour brochure here. Banners will hang through 10/12.
- Sacramento: Art-a-Go-Go, an art, food and music event hosted by Center for Contemporary Art, Sacramento and SacMod, 7/21, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Folsom: Bank of America Gallery at Three Stages at Folsom Lake College presents “Rivers of Gold: The Inaugural Exhibition of the CAC Greater Sacramento Sierra Chapter” through 9/2.
- Folsom: Folsom History Museum’s “Then and Now” exhibit of traditional and contemporary quilts and clothing continues through 9/2.
- Sacramento: Crocker Art Museum offers “Mel Ramos: 50 Years of Superheroes, Nudes and Other Pop Delights” as a special exhibit through 10/21.
- Sacramento: Featured artists Cathy and Gary Cederlind share their new works at Artists Collaborative Gallery through 8/5. Her jewelry and his photography will be on display at the gallery.
- Cameron Park: Beginning Drawing, 7/20, 5-6 p.m. at Craft Castle.
- Cameron Park: Watercolor Painting, 7/20, 6-8 p.m. at Craft Castle.
- Cameron Park: Date Night, 7/20, 7-10 p.m. at Craft Castle.
- Cameron Park: Glass Fusing Workshop, 7/21, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Craft Castle.
Want to learn more about artisans and crafters in the area? Click the “Subscribe” link below to stay informed on what’s happening. Your feedback is appreciated – please feel free to leave a comment below.