Activision’s “Call of Duty” is one of the best selling franchise in video game industry history. It comes as no surprise that any bit of information regarding the latest installment of the series is considered “big news.”
The last two weeks have been filled with teasers from Treyarch’s Game Design Director David Vonderhaar. From posting a “teaser” shot on his Facebook fan page of the latest trailer or tweeting “Hi friends, If I can nail this ladder stall today; we’ll be able to finish up and release the YOU KNOW WHAT. Sincerely, FaZe Vahn.” Last week, Treyarch finally confirmed that we would be seeing the Multiplayer reveal trailer on August 7th.
Today, we finally get to see what Vonderhaar was going on about with the much anticipated Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer trailer. Treyarch finally gets to show off much of what we already have predicted in the last couple of months, and a whole lot of things we weren’t prepared for. The notable features in the trailer are as follows:
- Predator missile/drone hybrid.
- A.G.R Tank is received Via air drop.
- Blade type kill streak that allows for one hit kills.
- Sonic wave distortion turret (see “Incredible Hulk” with Edward Norton).
- “Dragon Fire” Quad Rotor.
- Progress bar/kill streak counter
- CLAW “AT-AT” tank.
- Attack Dogs (no longer highest killstreak).
- ‘Shock Charge’ stun/emp.
- Tomahawk, Tactical Insertions and C4 all return
- New HUD was shown
- Dolphin Dive is returning for the fans of the original anti-drop shop deterrent
- “X-Ray” Sights that see through smoke/barriers
- Spectator “E-Sports” mode was shown, utilizing kill streaks (A big debate in the E-sport arena).
- New “multi-team” Team Death Match
- It would appear that the “10 point” class load rumors are true
Multiple guns and attachments made their debut as well. Select fire and custom emblems all made a showing, but thats nothing we haven’t seen before in previous Black Ops 2 information releases.
One thing that stood out was the inclusion of future tech. Something Treyarch has not been quiet about, but we’re finally able to see it in action. There is no sense in going on about it though, as it’s much easier to see for your self. So check out the trailer in the top corner and let the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 hype-train begin!
Be sure to check out screen shots of the trailer in the slideshow above! Not much else can be said about Black Ops 2 for now, but be sure to subscribe to me here or follow me on twitter @NicholasGigante to receive the latest news on Call of Duty.