It’s that time of year again when the nights get longer, and your blood gets colder. Universal Orlando has just released the details of their annual Halloween Horror Nights. While many of the houses were revealed through the official Facebook page, the full line up was revealed at Midnight on Thursday exclusively to Facebook fans.
Here’s the house run down:
- The Walking Dead:There is strength in numbers and you must band together to make it through many of the iconic settings made famous by the critically-acclaimed AMC hit, The Walking Dead. As the city is crawling with hordes of “walkers,” the issue of your becoming one of them is not a question of if, but when.
- Welcome to Silent Hill:In the eerie and desolate town of Silent Hill, ash falls from the sky and the physical laws of nature no longer apply. If you dare to venture into this alternate dimension, there is only one law of nature with which you must concern yourself: survival.
- Alice Cooper’s Welcome to My Nightmare:Journey into legendary rocker Alice Cooper’s twisted mind and witness the natural melding of horror and Cooper’s four decades-long career. Here you will follow Steven, the iconic character from many of Cooper’s works, as you come face to face with a myriad of tormentors who threaten an already-decaying sense of sanity.
- Penn&Teller Newk’d Las Vegas:World-renowned magicians Penn & Teller have accidentally nuked Las Vegas, but don’t worry, it’s nothing a fresh coat of paint and a truckload of BS can’t fix! Come on down to New Vegas, where all that glitters isn’t gold, and in fact probably has fatal levels of radioactivity.
- Dead End: If enough people believe in something, perception can become reality. In Carey, Ohio, the perception was that countless horrific acts had occurred in the old Hartford Mansion. The reality was that the curse which befell the house was far worse than any story ever told.
- Gothic:The Catedral de Caenentum Animus is, by day, undergoing a building-wide architectural refurbishment. By night, the many stone gargoyles that keep watchful eye over the sanctuary come to life with the mission of protecting this scared place against any intrusion.
- House of Horrors:These are original icons of fear in blinding black and white. In here, lightening slashes through the darkness to reveal terror’s true faces. They’ve been waiting to take back what is theirs…and their time is now!
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure: Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in entertainment and pop culture.
- 20 Penny Circus:The 20 Penny Circus brings their “Magic For People With Questionable Taste” to an unsuspecting Halloween Horror Nights audience.
Universal hasn’t announced any defined scare zones, but has instead said that they will be “redefining the street experience” with no boundaries. Instead of traditional “scare zones” the park will have roaming groups of vampires, zombies, beasts, warriors, demons and more! Traditionally the event tells a story and has an Icon that links all of the stories together, but this year it seems that they will instead rely on the the big names like “The Walking Dead” and “Silent Hill” to tell their own stories and propel the event into new frights.
Click subscribe at the bottom of this article to get more news, updates, and interesting information about Universal Orlando. Follow me on Twitter @RachealYates. For more information about Halloween Horror Nights, visit the official website.