The Arts Closet Studio located at the back of Open Fire Wood Burning Pizza at 3951 Broadway in Kansas City will be featuring the 3rd Friday Art Show. The event begins at 6 p.m. exhibiting works of local artists Louren Chastain, Kaycie Booyer, Adam Johnson, Tamisiea Lange, Kaylan Bodenhamer and Eric Dodson. Music for the event will be provided by Osiris-1, Los Cauz and Stiff Knights.
“Hott Hott Hott Throwback Car Wash” will be held on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Studio Dan Meiners, 2500 W. Pennway. Models from the Agency Model and Talent will be on hand washing cars for visitors. Hot dogs, soda, coffee and cold beer will be available during the event. Loretta Martin and Ron McGee will be at the event to keep things going. Tickets are a $10 donation and all proceeds go to the Kansas City Free Clinic.
The 33rd annual Ethnic Enrichment Festival will be will Friday through Sunday at Swope Park. The event celebrates traditions and cultures of other countries through food, crafts and music. Over 35,000 people are expected to attend.
Live theatre Aug. 17 to Aug. 19:
- American Heartland Theatre: Crown Center, “Bingo! A Winning New Musical.”
- Chestnut Fine Arts Center: 234 N. Chestnut, Olathe, “How Great Thou Art.”
- Fishtank Performance Studio: 1715 Wyandotte, “That Funny Mask Show.” The show closes on Saturday 8-18.
- Off Center Theatre: 2450 Grand, “The Music Man.”
Music Friday Aug. 17:
- Bar West: 7174 Renner Rd., Shawnee, The Outlaw Junkies.
- Clarette Club: 5400 Martway, Mission, Eric Jerardi Band.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, Eric Sommer, Cadillac Flambe, Whiskey Breath.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., Mikey Needleman Band.
- Knuckleheads Saloon: 2715 Rochester, Skid Row, 11 After, Federation of Horsepower.
- Mike Kelly’s Westsider: 1515 Westport Rd., Eddie Delahunt.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., London Transit, In Back of a Black Car, Vehicles, Dream Wolf.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Opossum Trot, Gunship Radio, Author and Illustrator, Jib Jab Jones, We Make Noise.
Music Saturday Aug. 18:
- Beaumont Club: 4050 Pennsylvania, Yes Inferno, Aren’t We All Dead, Crunkasaurus Rex.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, Howard Iceberg, Winston Apple Show.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, Electric, Schwervon, Drew Blackland and the Dirty Electric.
- Knuckleheads Saloon: 2715 Rochester Road, Nace Brothers, Outlaw Jim and the Whiskey Benders, Green Goddamits.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport, Drunkard’s Dream.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Not a Planet, Everyday/Everynight, St. Lux, Sundiver.
- The Phoenix: 302 W. Eighth, A La Mode Quartet.
Music Sunday Aug. 12:
- Jerry’s Bait Shop-Lenexa: 13412 Santa Fe Trail Dr., Lenexa, The Stolen Winnebagos.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., Peter Schlamb.