Frustrated with sitting home alone, scrolling through online dating sites? Maybe it’s time to get out there and meet real people. After all, physical chemistry is a key determinant in choosing a partner. And you can’t get that online.
Check out some of the popular Bay Area events where singles mingle:
• The Meeting Game Salon hosts events in Marin, San Francisco and Alameda counties. A hallmark of this organization is that it typically limits participation to an equal number of men and women in each specified age group. No membership fee.
• Society of Single Professionals, located in San Rafael, claims to be the world’s largest non-profit singles organization, offering 100 parties a year for singles in the Bay Area and worldwide. No membership fee.
• Singles Supper Club puts together dinner and dance mixers. Most events are on the Peninsula, with occasional venues in the City. No membership fee.
• Singles Travel Company offers vacation packages throughout the world. Trips are typically organized by age. No membership fee.
• Bay Area Singles Meetup Group offers a variety of parties and events for singles, mostly aged 30-50. No membership fee for general members.
• Sierra Singles is the singles branch of the Sierra Club’s Peninsula and South Bay chapters. Trips are activity focused, and many are free to members of Sierra Club (www.sierraclub.org) (Sierra Club membership begins at $15/year).
• Inskiers Ski & Snowboard Club, located on the Peninsula, is open to singles 21 and over. While it focuses on skiing, the club also offers social events throughout the summer. Annual membership fee: $45.
• San Francisco Ski Club offers year-round recreational, sports and social events for Bay Area singles 21 and over. Annual membership fee: $65.
• Apres Ski & Activities Club, located in Sunnyvale, is open to Bay Area singles 21 and over. Group activities include skiing, tennis, water sports and socials. Annual membership fee: $60.
So whether you like to dance, play outdoors, travel, or share a meal together—if you want to meet singles at a Bay Area event—you have no excuse. Go out and have some fun!
If you have a favorite Bay Area singles club, please contact Lucy (Lucy@LucySanna.com).