Will there be mail delivery on July 4, 2013, Independence Day? Click here for a story that was updated in 2013. The story also has a complete list of Postal Holidays for 2013.
San Francisco residents are enjoying clear weather for the Fourth of July today. But if part of your morning ritual is to check the mail, you will have to wait until Thursday. Today, Wednesday, July 4, is a federal holiday. All Post Offices and government buildings are closed. Banks, most businesses and some stores are closed as well.
Most street cleaning is not enforced in San Francisco.
Below is a complete list of postal holidays in 2012.
• Monday, January 2 – New Year’s Day (observed)
• Monday, January 16 – Martin Luther King, Jr. birthday (observed)
• Monday, February 20 – Washington’s birthday (President’s Day)
• Monday, May 28 – Memorial Day
• Wednesday, July 4 – Independence Day
• Monday, September 3 – Labor Day
• Monday, October 8 – Columbus Day
• Monday, November 12 – Veterans’ Day (observed)
• Thursday, November 22 – Thanksgiving Day
• Tuesday, December 25 – Christmas Day
But once again, there will be mail service today, Independence Day, the Fourth of July, 2012. Mail service will resume again on Thursday, July 5, 2012. The list above shows the postal holidays in total. There are ten postal holidays in 2012, including the Fourth of July. Some times the holiday gets a little tricky when it falls on a weekend. In that case, the holiday would usually be celebrated on the following Monday. But again, the postal holiday this year, Wednesday, July 4, 2012 is a postal holiday. No mail will be delivered today.